Tag Management for Google Analytics using the E-Analytica Tag Manager
Here is a quick walk through on how to get up and running with the
E-Analytica tag manager and Google Analytics. Hopefully it is simpler
than you think!
- Click the "Add Tag" button to add a new tag
- Name the tag. "Google Analytics" is a good name for this
- Click the "Add Variant" button and give the variant a name
- Give the variant a priority number. The rule is that when two
variants are both eligible to show on the same page, the variant
with the highest priority will be shown.
In this example I use a priority of 0 because this is the default
tag. I want any custom tags to be able to overwrite it.
The priority must be a whole number.
- Select which pages the variant will show on. You have four options:
- All pages
- URIs that start with a particular string
- URIs that contain a particular string
- A URI that exactly matches the string
Here I choose all pages because I want the tag to show on every
the Google Analytics website at
directly on the page. It is not stored in an external file. The
Google Analytics inline script looks something like what is in the
picture below (you will have to change the UA code):
- Finished! Click "Save Tags" and you're done
The cool thing is that you can update the tags in real time without
having to make changes to the website.
Impressed? Enter your email address to get started: